Monday, September 15, 2014

Book Review- Cathy Caron

                                             




                                            Knitting Sweaters from the Top Down: Fabulous Seamless Patterns to Suit Your Style

I am currently on a knitting obsession. (I just have an obsessive personality when it comes to books and crafts). Not that I would consider myself a great knitter.

I am making a jumper for my husband that has caused all sorts of grief. (Its a long long story). But has that stopped me? No way.

I am currently knitting a sock on double point needles while I wait for some new yarn from Bendigo Woollen Mills. I am also finding time to crochet a ripple blanket and make a right angle weave necklace. But I have wandered of topic.

I borrowed the above book from my local library and I am fascinated by the concept of no seams. Seriously fascinated by it. But at the same time I really thought that it would be too hard to do.

Not with this book!

The first few sections explain what top down is about and how to do it. From there it goes in to understanding sizing and then leads onto designing a sweater. Its beautifully simple to read and understand. Anyone could follow Cathy Carrons instructions and be successfull.

This is one book that I will be buying for my own collection.

Do you have any knitting book recommendations?




No comments:

Post a Comment