Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book Week




This week my son is having Book Week at his school. All of the activities are being done today with like a rolling display that the kids are involved in.


As part of Multilit this week the organiser asked us if we could read to our students. Something that we had read as kids. So I picked The Story Of Ferdinand. Originally printed in 1937, my copy is from 1970. I would be very surprised if it is still available in print. Its hard to see in these pictures but the pictures are all hand drawn and amazingly detailed.


The story is about a bull called Ferdinand who only wants to sit and smell the flowers. But after being stung by a bee ends up being taken to Madrid to participate in the bullfights. Things don't quite go according to plan.

The kids loved having me read to them for a change and it was really fun for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment